You have the best interest of your patients at heart. More than that, you have their trust. Your recommendation is the most effective way to ensure they get their flu shot.
When talking with your patients:
Make a strong recommendation to your patients to get their flu shot. Research shows that patients are more likely to get a flu shot if their doctor recommends it.
You can use the SHARE method to provide information:
• SHARE reasons to get the flu shot based on their age or other risk factors.
• HIGHLIGHT positive experiences with the flu shot to reinforce benefits.
• ADDRESS concerns about the vaccine, including effectiveness, side effects, safety and misconceptions.
• REMIND patients that the flu shot not only protects them but also everyone around them.
• EXPLAIN that getting the flu can mean taking sick days from work or missing fun with family and friends.
Follow-up is important! Talk to your patients about where and when they’ll get their flu shot, and make a note to confirm during their next visit. You have a key role to play in recommending your patients get the flu shot, and Fidelis Care is here to help. Find out more about our Flu Prevention Campaign here.