IMPORTANT UPDATE! Overview: NYS Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Medicaid Program
The New York State Department of Health (SDOH) has provided additional guidance in regard to the New York State Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Medicaid Program.
The EVV Medicaid Program is an electronic system that verifies when provider visits occur and captures the date and time of the visit, the location of the visit, the person who received the services, the person who provided the services, and the services provided. New York State is mandated to implement EVV for all Medicaid-funded personal care services (PCS) and home health care services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider.
The following are the compliance deadlines established by the Cures Act:
• Personal Care Services – 1/1/2021*
• Home Health Care Services – 1/1/2023
For Providers and Fiscal Intermediaries (FIs) who are subject to EVV, the SDOH is requiring an annual attestation. Providers and FIs need to acknowledge the following:
• Are in compliance with and will continue to comply with the 21st Century Cures Act
• Are complying with SDOH EVV Requirements
• Have provided and will continue to provide caregivers and EVV submitters training on the EVV system they have chosen
• Understand their obligations for submitting data to the Medicaid Management Information System, also known as eMedNY
• Understand they need to maintain records and documentation for EVV live-in caregivers, and
• Are aware they may be subject to NYS OMIG audits and/or SDOH compliance reviews
Fidelis Care has received details regarding the EVV Program, including providers that are subject to EVV, program and policy requirements, technical system requirements, and steps on how to begin working with SDOH.
For the full communication from New York State, please click here.
Link to attestation form can be found in Appendix 1 located here (Link may not open in Internet Explorer): https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/redesign/evv/repository/docs/evv_prog_guidelines.pdf
If you have any EVV-related questions, please email EVVHelp@healh.ny.gov
To review the SDOH consumer fact sheet on EVV, follow this link: https://health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/fact_sheets/docs/evv/english.pdf