There are many healthy benefits that come with breastfeeding, which can provide a baby with the best nutrition to help support their growth and development.
How does breastfeeding benefit babies?
- It helps protect babies against infections
- It helps develop babies’ digestive systems
- Babies receive the right nutrients for healthy growth
Breast milk contains a perfect balance of nutrients and antibodies to protect babies from disease and help them thrive.
Who can you speak to about breastfeeding?
- Your Primary Care Provider (PCP) or OB/GYN
- A nurse or lactation consultant
- A family member or friend with breastfeeding experience
The more information you receive about breastfeeding, the better.
- Get information from your Primary Care Provider or OB/GYN at your next appointment.
- Check for upcoming breastfeeding classes at your local hospital or birthing center.
- Tips from family members or friends can bolster the support from your health care team.
For more information, visit the U.S. Breastfeeding Committee's (USBC) website, or follow a link below for specific resource information.
About Fidelis Care:
Fidelis Care is a mission-driven health plan offering quality, affordable coverage for children and adults of all ages and at all stages of life. With more than 2.3 million members statewide, Fidelis Care believes that all New Yorkers should have access to affordable, quality health insurance. Follow us on Twitter at @fideliscare, Instagram at @fideliscare, and on Facebook at facebook.com/fideliscare. For more information, call Fidelis Care at 1-888-FIDELIS (1-888-343-3547).
Fidelis Care contact: Maria Ramirez MediaInquiries@fideliscare.org